Harness Sphereing is the most popular of our Sphereing activities.
Hitting 30mph down a hill in a huge inflatable ball is a pretty awesome experience.
A tried and tested product over a decade; we have fine tuned our Spheres and confidently offer the best Hill Rolling product on the market.
The concept is simple, two people wearing full body harnesses are attached inside the Sphere, then rolled down a hill at up to 30mph. Harness Sphereing is not for the faint-hearted and could not be described as a gentle ride! More importantly though it’ll be the most fun and biggest adrenaline rush you may ever experience.
Harness Spheres always have two participants in, strapped in opposite each other, so you will ride head over heels down the hill.
- What are the 'Fit to Sphere?' criteria for participants?
The customer cannot participate in a SphereMania® roll if they :
- are Pregnant – suffer from migraines / headaches or have ever had whiplash
- suffer from high blood pressure, any heart condition or epilepsy
- suffer from, or have ever had, any back or neck problems
- have ever had any broken bones, have osteoporosis, have OI or have any other weakness of bones
- have any upper or lower limbs absent (arm, hand, leg, foot)
- are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- are undergoing medical treatment or have had an operation within the past twelve months
- are under 7 years old, or more than 65 years old - Aqua Sphereing®
- exceed 18 stone in weight (maximum waist girth 60 inches)
Please note : Parental Consent is required for any participant under 18 years old
- Why can I only see a few dates available?
There will be one midweek and one weekend/bank holiday session available per month, per location between May and September.
The season is available between May-September annually.
First dates of the 2014 have been released, with the next dates due to be added next year.
- What are the differences between Harness Sphereing® and Aqua Sphereing® ?
Harness Sphereing 2 people climb inside the ball wearing a full harness, and are attached inside the Sphere. As you roll down the hill (really fast) you are going round and round with the ball. Its extreme (and definintely NOT a gentle ride!) but brilliant fun.
Aqua Sphereing 1, 2 or 3 people can ride in the Aqua Sphere along with lots of water. Aqua Sphereing is the less extreme variety of Sphereing, catering for all the family (as long as you’re aware that you will get very very wet!) You are not harnessed in the ball, and basically slip and slide around as gravity and the water take you down the hill at high speed!
- How do I breathe in the Aqua Sphere?
There is only enough water in the Sphere for you to slip and slide in – you will not spend time under the water, just in it. SphereMania has very strict H&S regulations and our Spheres and the rides are tested over and over again by various Health&Safety experts.
- Can I buy a Voucher as a Gift?
Yes you can! Just click the “buy voucher” button next to the experience you want… e.g. Harness Sphereing for Two. These vouchers can be purchased now and then redeemed when the recipient is ready. Perfect for a Present for any occasion.
- How many rolls do I get?
This depends on the voucher that you have, or what booking you have made. Most vouchers entitle the recipient(s) to 1 roll down the hill. Additional rolls can usually be purchased on site on the day of your event (subject to availability.)
- What is SphereMania?
SphereMania was established over 12 years ago, and offers the activity “hill-rolling” all over the UK. We are the biggest provider of this activity in the UK, and we are now operating in Europe. We offer two variations of the activity Harness Sphereing and Aqua Sphereing.
- Where are the SphereMania locations?
Our UK locations for the 2014 season are : BirminghamNorth – LondonWest – ManchesterSouth – Nottingham – OxfordWest
- Why should I book with SphereMania?
SphereMania is the market leader in Sphereing/Zorbing, and have designed our own Spheres/Zorbs to the highest standards to provide the most fun, most safe and most exciting ride in the whole of the UK. We also have locations nationwide so you have ample choice where to have your zorbing experience. Book direct now at SphereMania.com
- What is the minimum age for Sphereing?
The minimum age for Aqua Sphereing is 7 years and the minimum age for Harness Sphereing is 12 years
- What is the maximum age for Sphereing?
The maximum age for Aqua Sphereing is 65 years and the maximum age for Harness Sphereing is 60 years